About Jeff Ferguson
|How many realtors do you know that can tell a buyer or seller what a three-year-old cow or 550-pound calf is worth?
Jeff Ferguson has mastered the art of negotiation. One of his largest livestock transactions included the sale of 5,800 head of steers for $6 million ~ and from start to finish, the buyer and seller expressed total satisfaction with Jeff’s business expertise and communication skills:
“A transaction of this size requires persistence, patience, strong negotiation skills and knowledge of both the product and people involved,” Jeff says. “At the end of the day, my common goal remains ~ exceed client expectations so all experience a positive outcome!”
|JEFF’s BUSINESS/ASSOCIATION FACTS:
• Grown his cattle and trucking business to include more than a million calves and yearlings sold to date.
• Member of Montana Stockgrowers Association, National Cattlemen’s Beef Association, and Livestock Marketing Association.
• Board member of Madison/Gallatin Trout Unlimited from 1994-2000.
• Presently a member of the Stewardship Council, National Trout Unlimited, Native Fish Society, Wild Steelhead Coalition, IGFA, Bonefish & Tarpon Trust.
JEFF’s FUN FACTS:
• Raised on a farm near Laurens, Iowa.
• Immediately started a cattle dealer business after graduating with a BS in Animal Science from Iowa State University.
• Made first trip to Montana in 1979. Moved to Bozeman in 1985, where he lives with wife Barbara of 27 years.
• Seven-year-old lab, Joker, is his full-time sidekick.
• Fly fisherman since 1990 ~ all local Montana waters, as well as Lochsa, Wood, Clearwater, Warm, and Henry’s Fork in Idaho; the North Platte, Wind, Encampment, Greys, Powder, Tongue, Green, and Salt rivers of Wyoming; the Madison, Firehole, and Gibbon in Yellowstone National Park; the Green below Flaming Gorge, Utah; the San Juan in New Mexico; the Colorado at Lee’s Ferry in Arizona; the Poudre, Blue, St. Vrain, Animas, and Big Thompson in Colorado; and the creeks of the Black Hills in South Dakota.
• Additionally, Jeff has pursued Bonefish, Permit, and Tarpon in the Bahamas, Belize, and Key West. He “ran down the man” for a Roosterfish and Dorado in Baja and chased Redfish near New Orleans. He spey casts for Steelhead on the Deschutes and Grande Rhonde rivers in Oregon, the Clearwater in Idaho as well as the Olympic Peninsula in Washington.
• Jeff and Barb have chartered catamarans in the British Virgin Islands, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, and Belize. Future excursions may include Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego, for sea run browns, the Seychelles for Giant Trevally, and Cuba.